Application for Dog Licence - INFORMATION
- Current HDB rules allow only one dog of an approved breed per residential unit.
- Contravention or failure to comply with any of the following requirements is also an offence under the Animals and Birds Act (Dog Licensing and Control) Rules and can result in the impoundment of the dog, and a fine of up to $500, and/or revocation of the dog licence:
- All dogs above 3 months of age must be licensed
- The dog badge must be securely attached by means of a collar to the neck of the dog
- The dog must be on a leash in a public place
- The dog should not be allowed to stray.
- Dogs should not be allowed to cause a nuisance eg. soiling the environment, excessive barking, etc.
- Impoundment fees and caring and feeding costs will be imposed for the recovery of an impounded dog.
- A dog licence is valid for one year only and must be renewed upon expiry. The licensing fee for a sterilised dog is $15 and $90 for any other intact dog.
- Failure to comply with the dog licensing conditions can result in the revocation of the dog licence and the impoundment of the dog. Additional licensing conditions may be imposed and existing conditions may be subject to change by Animal and Veterinary Service, NParks Singapore at any time.